Tips to Prepare For Your Boudoir Photoshoot
After You Book
While You Outfit Shop
Shop your closet for the items you instinctively select when you want to feel (and look) your very best. Let your imagination roam!
Then, grab a friend and hit a boutique to find an ensemble or two that not only flatters your figure, but also makes you feel comfortable and unquestionably beautiful.
Pick out lingerie that highlights your every lovely curve, but also know that sometimes a tight T-shirt or soft, over-sized sweater can be sexy too!
Don’t forget the heels! A pair of sexy heels will help finish off your outfit and they instantly make legs look longer and straighten your posture.
5-10 Days Before Your Photoshoot
- If you wax, you will want to do so at least a before your shoot to avoid any bumpiness or redness.
- Make sure your eyebrows are nicely shaped and groomed.
- If you’re planning to visit the salon for a haircut or color, then give yourself atleast a week or two before your appointment. This way you won’t have that “fresh haircut” look and if anything is wrong, you will have time to fix it!
- Stay out of the sun. A sunkissed glow is great for photos but don’t risk a burn.
- Drink plenty of water for luminous skin.
- Lower your salt intake and avoid alcohol or carbonated beverages if you’re worried about retaining water.
- Try on your outfits and lingerie to make sure they fit properly!
The Day Before Your Shoot…
- Bathe, shave and moisturize.
- Head to the salon for manicure and pedicure.
- Remove ALL price tags, size & care labels, etc. from clothing, especially from lingerie and panties. They can ruin otherwise great photographs.
- Pack everything you will need for the shoot: heels, jewelry, accessories, props.
- Plan for a good night’s sleep, at least eight hours!
The Day of Your Shoot…
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get to the studio without stressing.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session to avoid red marks on your skin (no jeans, tight socks or tight clothing, for instance).
- Eat something light but filling before you leave the house.
- Arrive with a clean, moisturized face and clean hair! Get ready for a day of pampering as we do your hair and makeup.
- Last but not least: Take a deep breath and RELAX. It’s completely normal to be nervous before your shoot, but you will be in very good hands. We will show you exactly how to pose and work with you to get the perfect photos.